Sunday, August 23, 2009

Staunton Remembered II

I hope I didn't give the wrong impression last time - it wasn't all short draws at the 7th Staunton Memorial. There was some great chess played too.

Today we've got three finishes from the Scheveningen section to calculate to get your brain working this Sunday morning.

Have fun.


van Wely - Jones
7th Staunton Memorial 2007
White to play and win




Howell - Sokolov
7th Staunton Memorial
White to play and win




Werle - Adams
7th Staunton Memorial
Black to play and win






Previously at the Staunton:-
Staunton Remembered I - some tired players after the British?

First Round
Legend
The Interesting French Exchange X
BORP IV


3 comments:

Martin Smith said...

Thanks Jonathan. That's woken me up!

And thanks for the excellent Staunton Memorial chronicle.

Tom Chivers said...

I looked up the Werle-Adams game then looked at it with Rybka. Adams is winning but I think there would be chances for a slip-up had Werle played on. I wonder therefore whether Werle resigned or lost on time?

Jonathan B said...

Werle definitely resigned - although not in the position in today's diagram.